Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Youthlinc Cambodia



It has been far too long since my last posting... we've been in the U.S.:) But now we are off on many summer adventures again.

First stop, Cambodia. I've traveled with 27 students, 11 mentors and we've added on two delightful girls from Holland that upon hearing of our projects, wanted to join. How could we say no?

I'm posting a link to a post that some of the students on my team created because they did a great job talking about the going ons of the trip.

Here's the link- check it out!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Britnie,
    Thanks for remembering me even when you are worlds away in Cambodia. I just finished explaining to my colleague about who you are, even telling her about the time you taught a student, (Ivan?) to ride a bike. I didn't tell her about the beauty pageant and the fart machine. Hey! What a great book title!
    I'm glad to see you are back at work enjoying another one of your true callings. I looked at the amazing photos of the bathroom brigade and the garden club, etc. You and yours do good work.
    I am so happy for the people at Escalante. No more micromanaging evil reign of terror.
    I am still enjoying my job that provides a lot of autonomy and creativity and good colleagues. I do miss the kids (I went to their promotion with Marilyn this month), my peeps and of course, individual bathroom.
    Keep the posts coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lady! So great to hear from you! I'm stoked you are enjoying your job and yes I agree, great for Escalante! Thanks for all of your kind words. I miss you and some of the people from Escalante but am loving my school now. The faculty and staff are incredible and I love teaching there. Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete