Thursday, July 29, 2010

Back to Kenya...Opening Ceremonies

Opening ceremonies in Africa is one of those indescribable experiences that you can only truly comprehend by being there. It is completely vivid and it awakens all of your senses. The sounds and the rhythms are raw… the voices are brown sugar and butter... the sacred earth under your feet takes life. It’s nothing short of a spiritual moment.

Just imagine being rushed by hundreds of excited children. They are all grabbing your hands and have the biggest grins in the world, like they’ve just won the grandest prize. They swarm you with intense love. They are strangers… and then, just like that, they are family. I’ve posted some pics and I have some great video to post but I can’t get enough bandwidth here… so when I do, I’ll post that!





Because I was the team leader I got dragged up to dance- I'm pretty much the least coordinated dancer EVER!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, I wish I would have been there to see all those kids... and judge for myself about your dancing skills. :)

    ReplyDelete