Friday, June 18, 2010

China Shopping???


S had invited me to go visit another orphanage. However, prior to getting there, there would be a stop at a china store. Another girl I had met, A, needed to get dishes for her home here. Aside from dishwasher and mattress shopping, I couldn’t imagine anything worse. We got to the store, which was more like a museum, and I was proven wrong. The china here was incredible.

It was more like art on dishes. Pattern after pattern, each one was so unique and intricate. I have never imagined ever wanting to own china. But after seeing all that was here I thought about possibly purchasing a set. S asked me what kind of dishes I like. I told her I buy lots of random, mismatched dishes. She then took me upstairs to an outlet portion of the store, full of scratch and dent china.

There I picked up several random pieces… but, I’m still toying with the idea of getting a full set of something. I told Justin that he would have to take a field trip with me to see all they had.

Next stop- the orphanage. And this orphanage was full of… BABIES!!... They were so cute! The youngest room of babies had babies all over the place- in cribs and on the floor. The next room of a little bit older ones were all sleeping on the tile floor- no beds or mats in site. Same with the third room of just a bit older than the previous room. Maybe the tiles help keep the kids cool?

I picked one little sweetie up and fed her a bottle. While feeding her, there was a little guy in a bouncy chair. So with my foot I kept him moving. Then another little cutie crawled over and was standing while holding onto my knee. I had a whole flock of cute babies. I did that for over an hour and it was wonderful. I’m planning to head back there fo shizzle.

An interesting thing I learned about but didn’t see-
At one orphanage, after they feed the babies they put these leaves across their heads and the leaves make them go to the bathroom… hmmm, could be an interesting form of pottie training.

5 comments:

  1. Just checking in. I wonder what kind of leaves. I have a grandson who will be one next month. Potty training will be on our agenda in several months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today, I pulled out a book my father gave me years ago by Mother Teresa (one of my mentors!) called "A Simple Path". I thought of you and can only imagine the precious sight of you surrounded by a flock of babies! Does it make you wanna' bring some home? Kim Z.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the china sounds so fun- you must have a set to pass down and for memories. It will be cherished. Do the leaves work for a 21 year old cat who has forgotten where her box is?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leslie, I have no idea what leaves, but I want to see this whole thing for myself- perhaps it could be a new business venture in the states- Green Potty Training:)

    Yes Kim... I soooo want to bring one home!!! Maybe someday:)

    And yup Machelle, sometime I do want to get a set... the trouble is, I can't decide which one! As far as the cat... I'll ask:) Poor cat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You need a whole passel of babies!! I think that would be awesome potty training. The china sounds lovely, I've never owned a set. Maybe some day.

    ReplyDelete